The project aims to increase awareness about volunteering tourism in African and Middle East countries through participating in Life from water’s activities implementation in those countries, within an intercultural atmosphere.
The PM will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing the travel process and procedures to facilitate the participants’ travel and volunteering in African and Middle East countries where we implement our projects and also plan and to facilitate members’ travels between the two branches of LFW in Egypt and Germany. PM will report to the branch manager.
The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to Life from Water.
- Support and follow-up on the implementation of the project activities in accordance with project proposal and activities timeline.
- Perform various administrative tasks. These tasks include filing project documents, maintaining project schedules, creating responsibility lists for those who are involved in the project.
- Conduct field visits as necessary to monitor the project implementation.
- Maintain a network of partners and stakeholders including Government, private sector & NGOs.
- Maintain direct interaction with directors to make sure all resources needed for the project are available
- Develop and implement project plan and execution plan.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate project performance in terms of quality, time and budget and taking necessary actions timely.
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives.
- Identifies and analyzes risks.
- Responsible for project handover.
- Provide constant reports to the branch manager.
- Scope each project, with attention towards clear and well-defined success criteria with measurable values.
- Determine the appropriate time to make advancement on projects and move on to further stages.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, and at the required level of quality.
- Ensure to produce reports on progress within the team and outline any developed strategies to improve.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, contractual, risk management and safety requirements and procedures.
- Reach out for potential partners and countries in order to expand the project’s scope.
- Supervise and mentor two vices for the project.
- Communicate and cooperate with the German team to deliver project’s goals efficiently.
- Some travel to Kenya may be required.
- At least 2 years of experience in volunteering work, especially in project management.
- Experience in traveling abroad through volunteer tourism or exchange programs.
- Working in non-profit organization is a plus
- Proven experience as a project manager or other leading position.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, and program implementation.
- Ability to work across cultural and organizational boundaries.
- Experience in working under stress and responding to deadlines imposed by emergency situations.
- Solid skills in: Teamwork, presentation, team management and creative problem solving.
- Must be results-oriented and highly energetic.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing.
- Ability to work with multi-stakeholders and partners.
- Ability and experience of dealing with people from different cultures and background and work in intercultural atmosphere.
- Excellent crisis management skills to handle pressure from project challenges.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- [Plus] working knowledge of project management software (MS Project) is a strong advantage.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of Arabic.
- Very good knowledge (written and spoken) of English
- Physical/Mental Requirements(None)
- Certificate of participation.
- Cross-cultural experience across different countries (Egypt, Germany and Kenya).
- Networking opportunity.
- Volunteering recognition recommendation letter.
- Professional training and soft skills courses
- Special discounts on volunteering tourism programs
|Job Category||Project Manager|