Water Entrepreneurs project is a non-profit sustainable development project targeting the east African region, also known as the horn of Africa. The mission is to deliver clean drinking water as well as provide enough water for farming. This will reopen a sustainable source of income which has been inhibited by climate change over the past few years. In order to ensure a sustaining impact and ongoing improvement in the region, the first village to be helped will later help a neighbor village to implement the Water Entrepreneurs project.
The Project Manager is responsible for all implementation aspects of Water Entrepreneurs project, including monitoring, evaluation and finance. The project manager acts as the focal point for all project-related issues and is responsible for proper coordination between all project related stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines, provide strategic guidance to teams and produce results in a timely manner. He/ She will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to Life from Water foundation.
- Support and follow-up on the implementation of the project activities in accordance with project proposal and activities timeline.
- Perform various administrative tasks. These tasks include filing project documents, maintaining project schedules, creating responsibility lists for those who are involved in the project.
- Conduct field visits as necessary to monitor the project implementation.
- Maintain a network of partners and stakeholders including Government, private sector & NGOs.
- Maintain direct interaction with directors to make sure all resources needed for the project are available
- Develop and implement project plan and execution plan.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate project performance in terms of quality, time and budget and taking necessary actions timely.
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives.
- Identifies and analyzes risks.
- Responsible for project handover.
- Provide constant reports to the CEO.
- Scope each project, with attention towards clear and well-defined success criteria with measurable values.
- Determine the appropriate time to make advancement on projects and move on to further stages.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, and at the required level of quality.
- Ensure to produce reports on progress within the team and outline any developed strategies to improve.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, contractual, risk management and safety requirements and procedures.
- Write, edit and publish newsletter, announcements, as well as meeting highlights and action items with internal and external teams on the project’s status.
- Communicate effectively on all levels to assure services and needs are being met and expectations managed.
- Some travel to Kenya might be required.
- Minimum 1-2years of relevant professional experience in leading projects or extra curricula activities.
- Working in non-profit organizations is a positive addition
- Proven experience as a project manager or other leading position.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation, and program implementation.
- Ability to work across cultural and organizational boundaries.
- Experience in working under stress and responding to deadlines imposed by emergency situations.
- Solid skills in: Teamwork, presentation, team management and creative problem solving.
- Must be results-oriented and highly energetic.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing.
Ability to work with multi-stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent crisis management skills to handle pressure from project challenges.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- [Plus] working knowledge of project management software (MS Project) is a strong advantage.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of Arabic.
- Very good knowledge (written and spoken) of English
- Physical/Mental Requirements(None)
- Certificate of participation.
- Cross-cultural experience across different countries (Egypt, Germany and Kenya).
- Networking opportunity.
- Volunteering recognition recommendation letter.
- Professional training and soft skills courses
- Special discounts on volunteering tourism programs
|Job Category||Project Manager|