Water Entrepreneurs project is a non-profit sustainable development project targeting the east African region, also known as the horn of Africa. The mission is to deliver clean drinking water as well as provide enough water for farming. This will reopen a sustainable source of income which has been inhibited by climate change over the past few years. In order to ensure a sustaining impact and ongoing improvement in the region, the first village to be helped will later help a neighbor village to implement the Water Entrepreneurs project.
The Primary responsibility of Project Manager Vice of Water Entrepreneurs project would be to communicate with project members to ensure they’re aware of any new developments in a project’s status.
The project coordinators generally serve as an assistant to the project manager, working closely with them to ensure that project objectives are met.
- Organize meetings with project team.
- Write work flow procedures.
- Develop and prepare training documentation for project team and volunteers as needed
- Plans manpower for the project.
- Trains, develops, and evaluates performance of assigned team.
- Provide support to the Project Management Team and clarify the duties, roles and functions of team members.
- Encourage contributions and input from team members and other key stakeholders on the project and acknowledge efforts made by team members and reward them accordingly
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team
- Follow up with the team about each project time frame.
- Manage day-to-day activity to meet deadlines.
- Schedule the project time plan assigned to each team member.
- 1 year of relevant experience in leading projects or extra curricula activities.
- Working in non-profit is a plus
- Strong user set of skills in documentation, spreadsheet, database and presentation programs with ability to learn and apply open source software
- Ability to work across cultural and organizational boundaries.
- Experience in working under stress and responding to deadlines imposed by emergency situations.
- Solid skills in: Teamwork, presentation, team management and creative problem solving.
- Must be results-oriented and highly energetic.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritizing.
- Ability to work with multi-stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent crisis management skills to handle pressure from project challenges.
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of Arabic.
- Very good knowledge (written and spoken) of English
- Physical/Mental Requirements (None)
- Certificate of participation.
- Cross-cultural experience across different countries (Egypt, Germany and Kenya).
- Networking opportunity.
- Volunteering recognition recommendation letter.
- Professional training and soft skills courses
- Special discounts on volunteering tourism programs
|Job Category||Vice Project Manager|
|REPORTS TO||Project Manager|